Santa Clara Area Attractions
Things To Do in Santa Clara, San Jose, and Silicon Valley California
Santa Clara, California Attractions
Explore Santa Clara attractions and exciting things to do in San Jose, California and throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Santa Clara is home to leading businesses headquarters, exciting recreation at championship golf courses, world-class shopping, award-winning wineries, and acclaimed universities.
Nearby downtown San Jose offers the sophisticated pleasures of world-class museums, top-notch gourmet restaurants and entertainment at HP Pavilion.
August 2014 Silicon Valley Events
- Bruno Mars - SAP Center Friday, August 15, 2014. More details.
- WWE LIVE SummerSlam Heatwave Tour - SAP Center Saturday, August 16, 2014. More details.
- Major League Soccer (MLS) Earthquakes vs. FC Dallas - Buck Shaw Stadium August 16, 2014. More details.
- NFL Pre-Season Football - San Francisco 49ers vs. Denver Broncos - Levi's Stadium August 17, 2014. More details.
- Concerts in the Park - Classic & 80's Rock "Daze on the Green" - Central Park Pavilion August 17, 2014. More details.
- NCAA Division 1 Women's Soccer - Santa Clara University vs. UC Irvine - Buck Shaw Stadium August 22, 2014. More details.
- NCAA Division 1 Women's Soccer - Santa Clara University vs. California - Buck Shaw Stadium August 24, 2014. More details.
- NFL Pre-Season Football - San Francisco 49ers vs. San Diego Chargers - Levi's Stadium August 24, 2014. More details.
- Ringling Bors. and Barnum & Bailey: Legends - SAP Center August 20 - 25, 2014. More details.
- Ed Sheeran with Rudimental - SAP Center Tuesday, August 26, 2014. More details.
- NCAA Division 1 Women's Soccer - Santa Clara University vs. Florida Int'l. - Buck Shaw Stadium August 29, 2014. More details.
- "Friday Night Lights" at Levi's Stadium - High School Football Doubleheader - 1st game Wilcox High School vs. Manteca High School - Levi's Stadium August 29, 2014. More details.
- "Friday Night Lights" at Levi's Stadium - High School Football Doubleheader - 2nd game De La Salle High School vs. Jesuit High School - Levi's Stadium August 29, 2014. More details.
- Major League Soccer (MLS) Earthquakes vs. Real Salt Lake - Buck Shaw Stadium August 30, 2014. More details.
There are also great things to do with kids in downtown San Jose like the Children's Discovery Museum. More great family fun can be found at California's Great America, Winchester Mystery House, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Raging Waters, the Intel Museum, the Tech Museum and Bonfante Gardens. Come, experience Santa Clara's unique charm, culture and character. The Biltmore Hotel and Suites offers the ideal place to see it all.
California's Great America is one of the best things to do with kids in the San Jose area. Northern California's ultimate family theme park and entertainment destination, California's Great America offers exciting rides, live stage show, concerts and Nickelodeon TV characters. Located in Santa Clara, Great America features 10 pulse-pounding coasters and the wild water rides of Boomerang Bay.
In town for business or on a family vacation? Take in a Major League Soccer game and watch the San Jose EarthQuakes. Take a tour virtual tour of the new stadium set to open in 2014. "Click Here" for stadium tour.
The Winchester Mystery House ranks among the top things to do in San Jose, California. A bizarre architectural marvel, the Victorian mansion is filled with unexplained oddities such as a staircase to the ceiling and a door that opens onto a wall. The sprawling Winchester Mystery House boasts three working elevators, 47 fireplaces, rambling roofs, and Tiffany art glass windows. To learn more about Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, California, visit www.winchestermysteryhouse.com.
Mission Santa Clara dates back to the 18th century and is located on the present-day grounds of Santa Clara University. Mission Santa Clara is the eighth of 21 missions built around California by Father Junipero Serra and his Spanish Franciscan padres. Built in 1777, this mission is a California historical landmark. To learn more about one of Santa Clara's best attractions, visit www.scu.edu/visitors.
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is California's oldest seaside amusement park. Blending old-time nostalgia with modern thrills, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is located on a mile-long stretch of beach between Monterey and San Francisco. Stroll the Boardwalk, and enjoy 34 classic rides, attractions, an old-style arcade, plus summer concerts and events. To learn more about Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk attractions, visit www.beachboardwalk.com.
The Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf stretches for a half mile into Monterey Bay and is lined with fish markets, seafood restaurants and gift shops. Hop aboard a boat for a sightseeing excursion around the Bay, or watch the comical sea lions. Adjacent to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, the wharf is home to a number of events throughout the year, including Jazz on the Wharf and Woodies on the Wharf. For more details on the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf, visit www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us.
The Elizabeth F. Gamble House and Gardens is a splendid Colonial Georgian estate located in Palo Alto, California. Built in 1902, the 2.3-acre estate features beautiful formal and working gardens. The Elizabeth F. Gamble House and Gardens also features a carriage house, teahouse and several demonstration gardens. Self-guided tours are offered daily, and the gardens are available for weddings. For more details on this top Silicon Valley, California attraction, visit www.gamblegarden.org.
Civic Center Park is a three-acre park that's beautifully landscaped with colorful flower beds, a large reflecting pool and fountains. Located on El Camino Real in front of the Police Administration Building, this park is the site of the Statue of Saint Clare, the city's namesake. The historic bronze statue was cast by an ancient "lost wax process" in Italy and shipped to Santa Clara in 1965. To learn more about one of Santa Clara's most popular attractions, visit www.santaclaraca.gov/park_recreation/pr_civic_center.html.
Shoreline Amphitheater is the Bay Area's largest, outdoor concert facility. Featuring state-of-the-art technical, visual, and sound systems, Shoreline Amphitheater has hosted some of the world's most talented entertainers on its award-winning concert space. To learn more about upcoming performances and attending concerts at Shoreline Amphitheater, visit www.shoreline-amd.com.
NASA Ames Research Center is located on the border of Mountain View and Sunnyvale at the southern end of San Francisco Bay. Ames occupies 430 acres of land and hosts federal, civilian, and military agencies on the adjoining 1,500-acre former naval air station, Moffett Federal Airfield. NASA Ames Research Center offers outreach activities to stimulate student interest in science, mathematics, and technology. To learn more about this exciting Santa Clara-area attraction, visit www.arc.nasa.org.
Moffett Field was originally the Naval Air Station's base for the Navy dirigible U.S.S. Macon. Today, Moffett Field is home to the NASA Ames Research Center. Moffett Field's two runways, three aircraft hangars, and 3.5 million square feet of facilities is a shared federal facility known as Moffett Federal Airfield. You can also see annual air shows by the country's best aviators at Moffett Field. To learn more about Moffett Field air shows, visit www.airshownetwork.com
- De Saisset Museum
- Mission Santa Clara De Asis
- Santa Clara Historic Museum
- Intel Museum
- South Bay Historical Railroad Society
- Triton Museum of Art
- Blue and Gold Fleet
- Computer History Museum
- Coyote Ranch
- Lick Observatory
- Pier 39
- Roaring Railroads Camp